Sunday, May 29, 2016

"The Hour Before the Day"

           Oh,  Jesus, I need thee,
      To be my sweet rest and stay,
          To keep and uphold me,
        In this hour before the day.
           I see the light arising, 
           How beautiful it looks!
       But of the scene around me,
           It still in shadow lurks.
       Tis useless to strain my eyes,
      I'm engulfed in purple and blue,
        But when I turn to the skies,
        I peacefully remember you.
     You are not blinded by darkness,
             All before you is light.
    And while for a moment I see less,
    What loose I by trusting your sight?
        No, no, I will not doubt thee,
       Though I go perpetually blind.
       Thy hand forever will guide me,
  And thy love shall be light to my mind.
                                ~2011

No comments:

Post a Comment