Sunday, May 29, 2016

"When You Entered In"

    They said there's one who'll make life brighter,
        If you but wait on God's good timing.
   "Trust us" they whispered to my waiting heart,
           "Every cloud has a silver lining"
 
                  But when you entered in,
         There was much more than a rosy hue,
          Such an explosion of light and color,
           The very sky forgot it was blue!
                     I had known joy before,
              But it was the bud not the bloom,
                    Now it is open and full,
         Flooding my heart with sweet perfume.

                   Not just the silvery edge,
        You make all the clouds seem like gold!
        I wonder they never said it was like this,
       But would I believed them if they had told?
                              

No comments:

Post a Comment